KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
KNUST COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING INNOVATIONS MANAGER
The College of Engineering (CoE), Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) is the premier college in the University since the inception of the University in 1952.
The College has an aim to become the leading Africa Engineering College in the next decade and this can only be achieved by focusing on key focal areas such as Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
In view of this, it has become imperative to employ a full time Innovations Manager to spearhead the activities of the Innovation Centre
ROLES OF THE INNOVATION MANAGER
- Lead the design and implementation of programmes that enhance innovation and critical thinking.
- Serve as the key focal person for Innovation Challenges
- Coordinate seminars and symposia with industry partners to advance innovative projects
- Lead training programmes that the centre undertakes such as 3D Printing, coding hubs, makers’ fair
- Supervise undergraduate and postgraduate students who patronize the centre
- Prepare a yearly plan for project targets and performances
- Plan and lead possible spinoff technologies from the centre
- Implement business, financial and operational best practices that will lead to the financial viability of the centre
- Identification of strategic partners both internal and external that can propel the fast growth of the centre
- Responsible for conducting primary and secondary market analysis to identify new trends in the innovation culture to ensure that we are in line with the current best practices
- Take undergraduate and postgraduate students through the innovation cycle and guide them in the establishment of start-ups
- Submit a monthly report to the management team
- A postgraduate degree in Engineering or a related field.
- A minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong understanding of community engagement and development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience with writing for the web.
- Ability to plan and execute events and community activities.
- Ability to identify narratives and help people communicate their work and impact.
- Ability to work with multiple audience groups.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and execute them productively.
- Strong analytical, IT and administrative skills, including experience in database manipulation and website maintenance
Interested applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae (CV), and a signed cover letter addressed to the Project Lead, KEEP, to email@example.com
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The contract appointment is for 1 year, renewable after satisfactory performance.
The deadline for application is on 10th March 2023.