World Bank Africa Centres of Excellence Project
The College of Engineering, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), has received funding from the Government of Ghana as part of the World Bank Africa Centers of Excellence (ACE) for Development Impact Project. Within this project, the College seeks to deliver high quality postgraduate courses, conduct and disseminate applied research focused on addressing development challenges related to industrialization, digital development (ICT), energy systems, renewable energy, manufacturing, exploration and development of oil and gas industry.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into taught and research masters and higher degree programmes at the College of Engineering.
PhD Programme Fellowships
The College, through the School of Graduate Studies, KNUST is pleased to announce the availability of limited partial funding to pursue 3 year full time programmes in the following:
Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply to take advantage of the funding opportunities available.
In conformity with the entry requirement of the School of Graduate Studies, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, the successful candidate should have a minimum of:
- First or Second Class (Upper Division) in first degree
- Good Master’s degree with an average of at least 60%. Please refer to (POSTGRADUATE ADMISSIONS BROCHURE) for specific requirements related to the programme being applied for.
- Age limit is 40 years
- Candidates from non-Anglophone countries must have an internationally recognised Certificate of Proficiency in the English Language (TOEFL or British Council, IELTS)with above average score or be available to attend a three (3) months English language course at KNUST.
- Candidates with one publication in a journal as first author have an advantage.
- Evidence of current and previous employments.
Masters Programme (MSc/MPhil) Fellowships
The College of Engineering is pleased to announce that limited partially-funded scholarships are available for applicants from Ghana and West African Countries to pursue 18 months full-time MSc programme or 24 months MPhil in the following specialisations:
- MSc Computer Engineering
- MPhil Computer Engineering
- MSc Materials Engineering
- MPhil Materials Engineering
- MSc Power and Energy Systems Engineering
- MPhil Power and Energy Systems Engineering
- MSc Renewable Energy Technologies
- MPhil Renewable Energy Technologies
- MSc Telecommunications Engineering
- MPhil Telecommunications Engineering
- MPhil Scientific Computing and Industrial Modeling
- MSc Cyber Security and Digital Forensics
Females are encouraged to apply to take advantage of the funding opportunities available.
In conformity with the entry requirement of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, the successful candidate will should have a minimum of:
- First or Second Class (Upper Division) in first degree in a relevant field. Please refer to (POSTGRADUATE ADMISSIONS BROCHURE) for relevant degrees for admission into your programme of choice.
- Candidates from non-Anglophone countries must have an internationally recognised Certificate of Proficiency in the English Language (TOEFL or British Council, IELTS) with above average score or be available to attend a three (3) months English language course at KNUST.
Completing Application Form
- Ghanaian Students: Purchase the e-voucher based information provided at: Admission Portal and complete the relevant application documents
- International students: Access the KNUST application form via: Admission Portaland complete application form and attach all relevant documents
- Once the process has been completed, candidates MUST PRINT OUT 2 COPIES of the completed application form from the portal and submit signed copies (by post) to the School of Graduate Studies together with all relevant documents including Photocopies of Certificates, Recommendation Letters, and Transcript to the following address:
School of Graduate Studies
- Deadline for the submission of application forms is 30th June, 2019.
- Application forms submitted after the deadline will not be processed.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a selection interview in Kumasi OR via telephone/Skype. The date of the interview will be communicated after short listing.
Application supporting documents
- Completed application form with Two passport photographs
- Detailed CV and two letters of reference (one from a supervisor at the Master’s level)
- Official transcripts and certificates for BSc and MSc degrees
- Proof of ability to communicate in English for Candidates from non-Anglophone countries
- PhD and MPhil candidates are to submit soft and hard copies of a letter of motivation (max. two pages) with the heading outlining why you want to study, what makes you well-suited to study in your chosen specialisation, current occupation, how the Programme will fit into your professional vision, how your home country stands to benefit after your training.
- PhD and MPhil candidates are to submit both soft and hard copies of a short concept note (max. 3 pages) outlining the justification, objectives, methodology and expected outcomes of a research idea.
All inquiries should be sent via email email@example.com